Putting January to Bed
I've written little in January, none in the past two and a half weeks. Part of January I want to remember forever...
- my first trip to Italy!
- the taste of Italian amaretto gelato! (ice cream)
- the Alps through the window of the air plane, blue, white, and magnificent!
- many of the people I met, especially Joanne and Mercedes!
- the sense of peace and well-being I experienced at the Basicilica of Saint Anthony of Padua!
- the leaning bell tower at Pisa, jumping out of all the pictures through all the years and appearing through the rain before my eyes!
- David! Moses! The Pieta! The Sistine Chapel!
- the woman feeding cats at sunset at the Roman Coliseum!
All in all, January has been good. All in all, I'm grateful that January will soon be over. Long live February!