Update on Weather and Weaning
I reported some weeks ago of the earthworms climbing out of the wet ground. It seemed appropriate to report that we ended up ahead of all but three of the years of record rainfall. NOAA says:
RAINFALL FOR THE YEAR WAS MUCH ABOVE NORMAL ACROSS WEST CENTRAL TEXAS.... THIS WAS THE WETTEST YEAR FOR ABILENE SINCE 1941....
THIS MARKS THE 4TH WETTEST YEAR ON RECORD FOR ABILENE....
AT ABILENE REGIONAL AIRPORT .... TOTAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE YEAR WAS 37.37 INCHES. THIS WAS 13.59 INCHES ABOVE THE NORMAL ANNUAL PRECIPITATION OF 23.78 INCHES.
While any report of personal change in 2005 is certainly premature, I will say progress is being made at least in initiating the changes. This morning I was handed a surety withdrawal and signed my name, realizing after the first strokes of my normal scrawl I was blowing the concept of reclaiming my signature. I did well the remainder of the day, though, and that means I signed it carefully and quasi-legibly at least 50 times more.
As far as doing morning pages at least 300 days during the year, I've got three of those completed, those of course being the first three of the year and the only three yet available to have them done.
I behaved on weight loss today except for three pieces of candy and eating supper at a prohibited Chinese food buffet, so I get at best a C grade on that one.
I have not played Spider Sol. Of the options on my list I've done several. Those include:
1. Update a web page.I'm actually amazed at the amount I can get done when I'm not frittering time away on that diabolical game. It's going to be a very good year, maybe wetter still than last (it's rainy this evening), and I'll end up prodigious in my output and weaned of the loathsome game habit.
3. Clean the kitchen.
4. Get all my stuff off the brown chair again
6. Clean out the car.
7. Write a letter.
10. Do morning pages.
11. Walk a mile.
12. Go to the gym. (Is it cheating that the same activity meets 11 and 12?)
31. Email my sisters.
33. Read a poem.
52. Write a thank you note.
65. Check on progress on my New Years Resolutions.
79. Engage in a face-to-face conversation with somebody.
Nah, I don't believe it either.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]