Whoa! Wow! It's Syncopated Summer!!
I've been amazed many people don't know the word "Syncopated." I've got a couple of definitions for it. The more mundane is found in dictionaries: "Syncopation: a temporary displacement of the regular metrical accent in music caused typically by stressing the weak beat." My friend (albeit also my creation) Luisa Lorca would put it this way:
That's the way the whole summer went, from Wow! to Whoa! Peppercorn Cannady explained syncopated when he taught me to play the saxophone while we worked for Miss Gray. What should be strong is droopy and what doesn't stand a chance ends up being a humdinger.
I received my first copy of Syncopated Summer in the mail yesterday. While I have other books published, Syncopated Summer represents significant firsts:
- My first novel.
- My first royalty book.
- My first book without a coauthor.
- My first book with a dedication!
- My first book with a section "About the Author."
- My coming of age book--in more ways than one!
I intend to actively promote the book. My press kit today is being polished by an expert in the field, Mitchel Whitington. My speaking tour and booksignings already include:
- the Abilene Rotary Club, Friday, September 15 at noon
- The WordWright table at the West Texas Book and Author Festival, September 23
- Texas Animal Control Association 32nd Annual Conference, Keynote Address, November 13, 8:30 A.M.
It's a short list. Please email me if you'd like to add to the list.
Do you want to know more? I've got a whole website to tell you: www.SyncopatedSummer.com
Labor Day may mark the unofficial end of summer, as September 22 officially closes the season. That's not a Whoa! for my (Syncopated)Summer! Instead, we're just getting to the Wow! Ride with me. It's a bumpy ride, with all the thrills of a carnival--like Mardi Gras!